View Single Post

Thread: OOC II: DH The Purity of Sacrifice

1. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: OOC II: DH The Purity of Sacrifice

Quote Originally Posted by rax View Post
    Alternately, Drimmle is afraid of his own superiors and is expecting an unfriendly visit from the Guild. Where we even wearing our Guild disguises when we broke in?

I think so. I checked out the first post of us heading to his place, which is here, and we used our Credit Guilder ID's to gain access. Marcella, at least was wearing her Credit Guilder coat, as per this post. We wore them to fit in easier in the Spire.

So I think what's happened is that Drimmle (whether he is being forced by Durchess or he's a genuine traitor), didn't want to go to the Arbite's for security because that would risk exposure of his part in the conspiracy ("Yes, hello? Arbites? I have members of the Inquisition accusing me of heresy and trafficking in heretical weapons - can you believe the cheeky bastards!"). He also didn't want to tell Durchess because then Durchess would see him as a liability that's talking to the Inquisition. Instead, Drimmle has kept this to himself and hired private security in the hopes of keeping his problem (us) contained, particularly as he likely just sent another team down south. That's my running hypothesis anyway.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-08-28 at 03:20 AM.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger