View Single Post

Thread: IC II: DH The Purity of Sacrifice

1. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: IC II: DH The Purity of Sacrifice

Marcella

Marc's mind sifted through the neuronal networks and tethered memories, her prying mindseye scooping up much that this woman knew. Though an even deeper, all-encompassing scan was possible, now simply wasn't the time. She had revealed what they needed to know.

Snapping back into reality, exhaling and releasing the woman, Marcella drew in a few deep breaths to recover herself. She had strained herself out on two powers, two complicated and intensive manifestations simultaneously, and she could feel the tensions releasing from her muscles as she recomposed herself. As the spy came out of her mental lockdown, she doubtlessly noticed the presence of Hound who had his suppressed pistol in hand.

"Put your arms out to your sides please, ma'am," Marcella asked, her expression gentle but with a detached demeanor. Knowing she had no hope of ever being intimidating, she opted for quiet politeness instead, "if you make any move for a weapon, to call for help or to touch a vox-comms, my associate will shoot you. Please spare us all the trouble."

Looking past the woman and to Hound, Marcella spoke quietly.

"Drimmle hired them, they're private security. There's 6 deployed out here, 6 at his residence where he is holed up. They were to report in any sightings of Credit Guilders. This ones name is Serellia, and she doesn't trust Drimmle either and thinks he doesn't pay enough. But they are with the The Star Guard Force, likely with contracts to other nobles, and so I doubt they would want their reputation tarnished by accepting bribes. This one has not reported in yet, but the others likely have."

Acting as if the woman wasn't there, doubtless recovering from just coming out of both being mentally dominated and having her mind invaded and sifted through, Marc tilted her head as she heard Milo speaking down to others around the corner of the alley - other agents of Drimmle, no doubt.

Looking back over to Hound, she gestured towards the alley with the new comers and then to Serellia.

"Should I put them under, Sir? Leaving a bunch of corpses in the alley might draw too much attention. But if we just tie them up and leave them here we'll have a few hours before they're able to interfere and they won't go to the Arbite's, because what private security wants the reputation of having to rely on the authorities to bail them out?"
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-08-27 at 07:41 PM.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger