Thread: IC II: DH The Purity of Sacrifice

1. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: IC II: DH The Purity of Sacrifice

Marcella

Spoiler: Prep
    Show
    Marcella had gotten some much needed sleep. Once out of the debriefing with the Interrogator, Marc hit the bathroom and laundry, enjoying both the freshening up of a hot shower and putting her clothes through the wash. Naturally, prayers to the Emperor were forthcoming in her little single-bed domicile, and no sooner had she tucked herself in did she drift off to sleep where her mind floated through the endless space of the astral plane.

oOo

After a much-needed sleep, Marcella had a second shower and prepped for the day ahead. She had a routine that she adhered to, an inner schedule that had been ingrained into her for the past eleven years since arriving at the Scholastia Psykana. Awaken. Mourning prayers. Some push ups, sit ups and squats, followed by her shower then small meditation and breakfast. Marcella took the opportunity during meditation to draw several runes across her Talon Mk III gun and chant gently; communing her mind with its material matter and tying her mind to it so that it may be drawn through the warp and into the materium at a moments notice.

Marcella was dressed for the day. She wore her normal 'work' clothes, over which was her light, thin-fabric flak coat, and over that still was her credit guilder disguise longcoat. Three layers of clothing, and her backpack slung over that. She had a few spare magazines in her bag, but hopefully they wouldn't be needed.

The Psyker was thinking to herself how they were going to handle Drimmle. The big question, of course, was whether he was a deliberate traitor or had been forced. She wondered if -

he'll slap marcella on the shoulder and say "like my carrying box?" he jokes, as the party makes its way to the upper hive. "i know of a small hatch we could toss him out of if your warpy stuff dont work" he subvocalizes to marcella
    Marc blinked and stumbled forward as the hit took her out of her thought process, her head pivoting about for an abrupt second before spotting it was Milo showing off his hidden box.

"Oh, yes..." she uttered, exhaling and masking the flash of anger she'd had at being hit, "try not to over-do it too much though; armed credit guilders isn't cause for suspicion, but excessively armed ones might be."

On the mention of Drimmle... "Well, I think if it comes to that, we should stage it to look like a suicide. Guilt over an affair with a lady beyond repute, only honourable way out, that sort of thing" she nodded gently.

Towards the Upper Hive, Marcella enjoyed the view as much as she could. Moving through the detritus of the atmosphere and ascending to the clouds and above into the clear blue skies. There was a natural beauty and elevation the Psyker felt to it all, the warm glow of a gentle day catching in her large, brown eyes as she peered out of the flexiglass with the awe of a little kid. This delight at her environment continued into the Upper Hive proper, with the tall, grand structures, clean streets and fresh air were a welcome reprieve. She'd been here more times than most who were not born within the comfortable protection of the walls, but she never ceased to feel exalted when visiting. This is what life could be. Even allowing her extra-sensory powerful brain just...roam around the surrounding area, over the minds within and the surface thoughts. She was particularly interested in Orla's experience, sometimes looking over at the Underhiver and just watching her to see how she'd cope with her first trip to what might as well be another planet.

"I think we should wait until dark, and enter Drimmle's home through the rear entrance, like last time," she would say to her companions when they were in a safe place to do so.

"Even if Drimmle is a wash, we can secure his personal documents and codes for Hound to analyse."
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-08-21 at 07:50 PM.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger