Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
(and even then, there's absolutely no indication that at some point in recent history she went turbo evil and then got saved)
Nitpick, it's not that she went Turbo Evil, it's that she was indoctrinated. She's basically second-generation ROOT, the whole thing was a plot by her father to take revenge on the Leaf Village on Danzo's behalf using a weapon Danzo had created but never used.

It's specifically the fact that she wasn't evil—that she didn't actually want to kill anyone or to sacrifice the Nue—that let Bort talk her down.
Entirely fair! Jugo was a character who fascinated me as a kid for that exact reason; he's apparently the source of the Cursed Mark stuff Orochimaru was using. The fact that ultimately this didn't amount to anything was always a minor sticking point with me.
What's more interesting is that while Jugo's Kekei Genkai isn't named, its applications are. Sage Transformation, or Senninka (仙人化) is a method or entering sage mode using Jugo's bloodline and is based around his ability to use natural energy to alter his body. Kabuto's Dragon Sage Mode is based on combining Snake Sage Mode and Sage Transformation and Mitsuki's "perfect snake sage mode" is likewise altered by the fact that he has Jugo's bloodline as part of his genetic makeup.

仙人化 is also used, in Chapter 666 of the Naruto Manga, to refer to the transformation undergone by the Ten-Tails Jinchuriki and, well... there are some parallels between Jugo's abilities and the ten-tails's as well as to how uh, Obito more or less went Homicidally insane until he gained control of the Ten-Tails.

...There are also some parallels with Wood Release/HAshirama cells. Especially if you take the Anime's expanded take on the Kara Actuation Arc which has a prelude about a mission to find a missing person running into experiments involving Hashirama Cells.

I have theories.