Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
So I am not touching the backfill vs (planned) foreshadowing…for a successful backfill has no apparent difference to the reader than a planned foreshadowing. It is Hyper-Reality, it is Prometheus (name means fore-thought) and Epimetheus his identical twin Titan brother (name means after-thought),

these Titan gods and their creation (one myth has them create mankind in its current form together, there were previous mankind’s but due to Greek Ragnarok events mankind was stated over) well you can not tell which of the two Titan bros did what, that is the nature of creation.

=====

The problem with Boruto is it has existed in some form since 2014. Naruto the Last came out in 2014. Boruto the Movie in 2015. The Manga started in 2016. That is 9 years!

If you started seeing the anime movie in 2014 at the age of 9, started reading the manga at 11, you are now 18. Nothing happened in 9 years. My Hero Academia has started, done spin offs, and is close to finishing in that same time period.

Naruto in that same time period did about 400 chapters with volume 43 dropping roughly this period. For people who not recalled (google is telling me) this is right when Jiraiya dies to Pain, Sasuke vs Itachi, Sasuke wins and Obito ruins Sasuke life by telling Sasuke the truth thus destroying the intended meaning of Itachi’s sacrifice.

There is some good bones with Boruto during that period (so much I am disagreeing with, but I am skipping that.) But 9 years…gosh.

I earnestly think one can sacrifice those 80 chapters of Manga, put them in a shredder and in 128 pages, maybe 160 one can do a graphic novel that covers those 80 chapters in a quick enough flashback and no one is required to read them.
Huh nothing happened? If anything too much happened, Boruto's biggest problem has always been it's to damn fast paced and focused on it's main plot. It's the reason the anime is weirdly better because filler helps expand things out and give the plot time to breath.