1. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Boruto Two Blue Vortex (Unmarked Spoilers for Part 1)

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

There is no world where Sasuke died off screen.

I'll be honest, I completely zoned out the instant "time travel arc" was brought up. Absurd. Rater's point about it being "supplemental" for the manga is fair to a point, but also literally nothing in the anime has any effect on the manga so... I'm unsure how accurate that is.

The point about how slow and plodding and mixed in quality the Boruto anime is is fun, because we also get things like the manga adaptations of some of its storylines, like Mirai's very cool and good comedy adventure, or Sasuke fighting some dinosaurs and having some legitimate romantic moments with Sakura in the first time in series history.
    Works better with the X-Men in the 1980s, which was part of a larger franchise of many franchises, and by 1990 it was already over / not fun when people do AUs and Time Travel.

Pretty much I am saying unless you are Rachel Summers and Kate Pryde I am skeptical of this device. Yana and Betsy can also do it. Pretty much you gotta be a Sapphic X-Men with a Sword.

And Boruto is so not that 🙃😛

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    So, just a general thing of discussion not related to the chapter... I saw a theory a little while ago speculating on what kind of "sage" Hashirama is.

Like, how Naruto was a Toad Sage and Katuo was a Snake Sage...

The speculation was that he was a "sun sage."

This was based partly on the idea that his cells are apparently capable of photosynthesis... But also based on his facial markings.
    Spoiler
    Show

the symbol on his forehead is very similar to the Chinese oracle bone script character used to represent the sun, and Chinese oracle bone script is the earliest form of the writing system that became modern Chinese and Japanese writing.

I'd post a picture of he character but I' having a hell of a time finding a picture of just the character.

Then there are his eye markings, which... Looks kind of similar to the Egyptian Eye of Ra
    Spoiler
    Show
    especially when you combine it with the Ridge of his brow.

Being a representative of a Sun God... I mean, Kishimoto has drawn heavily from mythology and religion. This would be the only time he's gone further west than India but it's not too much of a stretch.

I'm not sure If I believe that theory, mind you, but... "Sun Sage" sounds cooler than "wood sage."
    I am being 100% serious here but also I do not believe what I am about to write (I am joking)

The oldest usage of the circle with a dot in it comes from an Egyptian King Grave Site KV62, Valley of the Kings Grave Site #62, aka King Tuts tomb. In this tomb there is a funeral religious text talking about Osiris being reborn again and being reborn again as Ra, symbolized by the Sun (circle with a dot), but also the snake eating it’s own tale for creation recreates itself for something does not come from nothing but instead nature re-absorbs energy and changes it / transforms it in the process. This is one of the earliest references to the Ouroboros, the snake eating its own tale, to recreate the world in Alchemy.

So obviously Hashirama is a Snake Sage user and never a Slug or Toad Sage user.

Mitsuki is an Orochimaru anomaly, a son of their parent who is not like Orochimaru (breaking the chain of the parents narcissism.) A cold blooded snake whose Sigil is not the sun, or the wind, but instead the infinite possibilities of the moon which is full of illusion. This is why the moon courts the sun for the sun has a series to it, one day one moment one time, even if it reincarnates each night and is different in the light of the day. Who is Mitsuki if they are not their Parent Orochimaru? Well Mitsuki is themself (he / him pronouns) and he looks toward Boruto as inspiration of how to be himself when one already has a famous parent whose fame is so vast it feels like it is going to suffocate the identity of the kid.
    Last edited by Ramza00; 2023-08-20 at 08:26 PM.
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele