Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
On Kaguya and bone Powers, she has All-Killing Ash Bones
Spoiler
Show

Also... Kaguya looks like Kimimaro
Spoiler
Show

The shape of the face, the distinctive zig-zag pattern on the parting of the hair, even the shape of the eyes is similar.

The shaved eyebrows aren't an exact 1-1 but other members of Kimimaro's clan do have a closer match.
Spoiler
Show

There was no narrative reason for Kaguya Otsutsuki to be a call-back to Kimimaro and I don't think this the sort of thing that would randomly occur to Kishimoto as he was doing it.
Ah, forgot about that. I only read the manga and that was years ago so I forgot the occasional moment of bone stabbin'.

You're correct, there was no narrative reason to call-back to Kimimaro, except to potentially establish some retroactive continuity. Like Ramza says, ultimately whether it was pre or post thought canon-welding, I just don't think it is very good writing, and I dislike the place Boruto has ended up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
On outfits, recall the thread's spoiler policy.

Spoiler
Show
With the exception of Code, all the kids/teenagers are wearing the sorts of things you'd see people just walking down the streets in the "fashion districts" of Tokyo wearing. Urban Japan, especially the youth, are just really extra about fashion. You go to Tokyo as an American you'd best be packing your best clothes because otherwise you're gonna feel underdressed.

So having them dress like that emphasizes the theme of the series that times are changing and the ninja world is modernizing.

The exception is Code, whose outfit is very much rather outdated... Especially the Dracula cloak. But given that Code is latching onto the legacy of a man from a thousand years ago who refused to die, you could see that as symbolic of him holding on to the past.

I don't tihnk, in a vacuum, that any of the outfits are horrible, if I'm being honest I like Sarada's outfit... except the boots. Salad-chan you are a ninja you don't need to be wearing heels.

I do dislike Chocho's overall design... Belly shirts are not for people with bellies. Also, she's got the inversion of her father's thing going on. Chouji was fat in Naruto Part 1 but in Naruto part 2 he slimmed down a bit and put on muscle so he became more generally heavy-set rather than actually obese. Chocho... started heavyset, then got fat.
Spoiler
Show
While that's true, I despise Sarada's outfit because it doesn't fit her as a person at all. When I first saw a teaser of it I thought it was theoretical future Sarada fan art, because she looked so doe-eyed and "sexy" despite being god damn 16 years old. She's a ninja wearing baggy leg warmers and high-heel sandals and a ridiculous ****ing tube top and it's just, so so very out of character and tasteless. Boruto's outfit is nonsensical, kind of whatever, but like Ramza says absolutely not going to last past the next couple chapters.

Code's outfit is perfect in the sense that he's an absolute loser teenager edge OC given flesh.

Chocho's outfit is the only one that fits her character. Her character is ****, but a fashion obsessed scene-girl like her would absolutely dress like that. Belly shirts are absolutely for people with bellies too, don't be afraid of fat people showing off. Also she doesn't look changed at all weight wise since the time skip... and also her entire fighting style is around size changing so ultimately it's fine.