1. - Top - End - #6
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Boruto Two Blue Vortex (Unmarked Spoilers for Part 1)

Zodi, while Kishimoto's role for most of the Manga was supervisory and he wanted the previous author to develop his own take on the characters he did have a rather significant degree of creative control.

Additionally, he apparently had a supervisory role in the anime, which is why the Boruto filler is all "broad strokes canon" stuff that expands on characters instead of stuff like, say, the OG Naruto Filler or most of the Shippuden filler that never happened and actively contradicts the manga...

Also, he took over before Ada was introduced and before Boruto and Kawaki's murder-suicide pact and Momoshikis "okay, if you die I die so whatever, I want to live long enough to see that mind breaking misfortune I predicted for you come to pass" thing happened so neither of those being as initially presented I don't think counts as change from the previous authors plans.

...and Omnipotence was forshadowed. Momoshiki was like "no, I'm a scholar of all shinjutsu lore and that charm doesn't cond like any that I've heard of and... Oh, oh." "What?" "Ohnononono it's nothing."

And like.. While we can't say that the orignal Naruto's plot was planned out like it was from the beginning—in fact we know that there was some editorial interference during the Sasuke retrieval arc—there's two indications that something big was planned from the beginning...

During Neji and Hinata's fight in the Chunin exams, it's stated that it is believed that the Byakugan and Sharigan have a common origin or that the Sharigan is a mutated form of the Byakugan.

And in the Sasuke retrieval arc, the Kaguya Clan. You member, Kimmimaro, the guy with freaky bone powers? And also pale skin, white hair, and whose family traditionally part their hair and style their eyebrows similarly to Kaguya, whose family shares her name?

Up until Kaguya's revival, the focus was on the Uchiha and the Senju/Uzumaki. About how they, and they alone, were needed to recreate the power of the Sage of Six Paths... And then When Kaguya appears she has, not only the strongest form of the Sharingan and an analog to wood release, but also the Byakugan and a suped-up Dead Bone Pulse.

There was no narrative reason to connect Kaguya to the Hyuga or the Kaguya clans and especially no reason to make her, visually, a call back to Kimimaro. So while the ultimate details of the plot were in flux, we can conclude that the idea of Kaguya Otsutsuki was planned from at least the Sasuke Retrieval Mission, if not as far back as the Chunin exams.

As for Boruto... I mean... I can think of a consistent, logical reason for Boruto to get that powered-up form he's got in that bit of artwork using only what we know from Boruto Part 1.

Spoiler: Boruto Part II Chapter 1
    Show
    So, Sarada has spent the last three years trying to convince people that Boruto is innocent to no avail and, over time, the inconsistencies in people's memories has been smoothed away. Shikamaru, who is now the eighth Hokage, is telling her that this is the final straw and at this rate not only will she never be Hokage but she'll never be promoted past genin... And she responds by saying that neither was Naruto. She cites how Naruto brought a traitor, her father, back into the fold and that he is her Role Model, not Shikamaru.

Confirmation that Sumire is immune to Omnipotence, apparently it was only implied...

Ada and Daemon have not aged or matured at all in the last three years. Daemon is getting suspicious of them not being under Ada's charm... Ada is trying to figure out and control Omnipotence but doesn't think revering the memory swap will solve things at this point.

Mitsuki seems to be realizing that something is up, however, and while Himwarmi was affected by Omnipotence she doesn't believe the official story of Boruto turning traitor and killing Naruto and is trying to get strong so she can help him so the theory of Himarari being the Ssuke to Borth's Itachi is a non-starter.

Code finally attacks the village after years of build-up becuase he knows that Boruto still cares about his friends. This work like a charm because Bort just straight up falls out of the sky and stomps on his face. Shikamaru gives the order to prioritize Code's forces over apprehending Boruto and to keep an eye on his actions.

...Like, Boruto literally just moments after Code portals in drops on him which sort of implies that Bort was just hanging around in the general area of the village... Or he's mastered Momoshiki's power well enough to use Momoshiki's Byakugan and it's ability to see the future.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2023-08-20 at 12:39 PM.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks