Mage's Manse

"YOU KILLED SQUELCHER? SHAME. HE WAS A LOYAL SERVANT. OH WELL. THERE'S A COMMAND GEM ON THE DESK... NOT ON TOP, BUT IN THE TOP DESK DRAWER. IT CAN SHUT DOWN MY TRAPS AND CALM MY GUARDIANS. THE KEY IS BEHIND MY FATHER'S PAINTING IN A SECRET COMPARTMENT THAT YOU'LL NEED TO CUT OPEN TO FIND. Sure enough, when the painting is flipped there is a small, soft cover to an concave hole. Upon cutting it open, a small brass key is carefully clipped inside by a metal latch. When applied to the top desk drawer it opens, revealing several objects.

Spoiler: In the Top Desk Drawer
Show
A silver quill with a black feather on the end. The edges of the feather are colorful, like oil spilled on water.

A gem the size of a halfling's fist. It doesn't appear overly valuable or precious, but it does have Desquiren's symbol carved into it, and it radiates magic.

A small letter opener with a signet stone implanted in one end of it. This gem does look valuable, but the knife is much heavier than it appears, and razor sharp.

Several small purses, one containing 50 cp, one with 50 sp, one with 50 gp, and one with strange coins of a cerulean blue metallic hue that none of you recognize (also 50)

Spoiler: The Bottom Desk Drawer
Show
A ratty robe that looks like pajamas far past their prime. It has 20 patches of various cloths, leathers, and materials, each one about the size of a good skipping stone.

A wand that looks damaged and burnt on one end, as though a spell misfired. The tip is smoking slightly.

A glass bottle the size of a pint glass filled with grey smoke that roils and rollicks within the container. If you stare at it too long you start to see monstrous smoky faces appear and disappear every few seconds.

Spoiler: The Main Desk Drawer
Show
A small wooden potion holder that currently has seven openings, five of which are filled with small, intricate glass vials filled with colorful liquid.

A mosquito made of delicately carved copper. Periodically the wings flutter, it lifts off the desk for a moment, then settles down.

A flask that makes liquid sounds when it is shook sealed by a metal cap.