The most obvious tracks were the ones leading up to the clothes. The pad and shoe prints were pushed deep into the dirt, possibly indicating running such as in a chase. But there was possibly less obvious foot prints leading away from the scene, if Laura were to look a little harder.

(OOC: Requires a Wits + Survival)

Giant seems almost deaf to Laura's words, though he shakes his head in a small gesture of non-acceptance. Instead he raises a fist up into the air, gnarled bark fingers knotted into a tangled ball the size of Laura's head, and thrusts it with a dull thump into the earth beside the pile of clothes. The blow flattens the yellowed grass below it and indents the dirt, creating a small crater. When he looks up, his big blue eyes are all water, and there are stains along the bark of his cheeks, where tears have begun streaming. He shakes his head again, but this time finally replies, "Over? They got her. They got her Laura! If they've taken her through the thorns, they've already got her, and changed her, and enslaved her! What do you mean its not over?" The question is thrown out with spite. The same fist that had flattened the earth rushes to the ground to clasp the impossibly perfect spade. "Look at this," Giant growls, "this is Fae made! And I know who it belongs to. The Bristle Crowned Gardener was my master too! They did this... they did this out of spite, or maybe to get me back!"

(OOC: I would suggest a Kenning roll would work here to detect magic and prior fae presence. Per the rules, if you wanted, you would spend a WP, and then I would roll d10 equal to your clarity in secret... only possible if less than half your clarity boxes have damage.)