View Single Post

Thread: Baldur's Gate II (5e campaign log)

1. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Baldur's Gate II (5e campaign log)

Yes, and I don't think they are ready for a castle full of trolls. During the discussion of the arena, Mergand's player had him interested in joining, until it was made clear that these are not fair fights... he said OOC he was nowhere near ready to handle a troll. He is still using his crossbow because 1d8+2 is better than 1d8. At least, I think that's why he's using it. He has used Chill Touch a few times, like when there was a big crowd of freed slaves running down the hall and he was near the back.

I want them at the point where they are just barely willing to take it on, rather than being too weak, or too strong and steamrolling it.
    Still not sure what I'll sub in for the yuan-ti wizards. I could do a troll shaman, but I don't think Castle of Trolls needs More Trolls. Whatever it is needs to be monstrous. I feel like a hag is too much of an independent entity... but maybe. Isaea probably wouldn't mind dealing with hags.

Jierdan Firkraag also makes an offer at the Coronet, but I don't think the party has made enough of a splash for him to be aware and ready to set up his thing. They did bring up going to the Windspear Hills a couple of sessions ago, and I'm not going to remind them of it until they have at least a chance of surviving it. Even toned down, there are a lot of attrition ambushes there.

They really need a front-liner, and ideally someone strength-based. We'll see if I can land a 4th player. I'm going to stat up Hendak as a barbarian (Ancestral Guardian, TWF) to give them a more good-aligned option in case they don't find Keldorn for a long time.
    Last edited by J-H; 2023-08-14 at 03:39 PM.