View Single Post

Thread: IC II: DH The Purity of Sacrifice

1. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: IC II: DH The Purity of Sacrifice

Marcella

Quote Originally Posted by Haval View Post
    Orla doesn't react to Marcella's display of psychic ability but will treat the warning seriously. 'You mean we're going somewhere worse then the Underhive? Fair enough. I'm not against getting extra help if you reckon you don't need it.' Orla will attach the chain to her own neck.[/COLOR]
    The Psyker rose a slender, blonde eyebrow at the misunderstanding. She decided not to say anything though, instead allowing Orla to figure it out for herself as they continued.

Marcella had gone the rest of the trip in silence, her eyes closing over once more as she tried getting as much shut eye as she could. Such was her mind that the Psyker was able to sleep through the worst of it, from the acrid smell to the sudden holts and motions of the carriage - the girl remained slumberous. It wasn't until they arrived at the station that her eyes slowly opened up again, blinking away the grains of a sleep as she smacked and licked her lips once and shook her head, groaning gently as she brought her gloved hand up to rub at it.

"Ughh, can't wait to get home..." she uttered to herself, rolling her shoulders. "Have a bath, decent sleep..."

The Psyker should return her gun to hanging from under her right shoulder within her coat and sling her backpack across her shoulders and shuffled out with the others.

When they arrived at the station and the Midhive, Marcella took the time to 'freshen up', by heading into one of the bathrooms. There, she removed her gloves and splashed water over her face. She'd pull out a little kit, including some face wipes, and apply them, and by the time she emerged, the pinkness of her eyes and tired look was gone, replaced by her usually sunny demeanour.

When they arrived at the compound, Marcella was humming gently to herself as they passed through further security barriers until arriving at the Interrogators chambers. There, the Psyker smiled, remaining quiet while being addressed, but a slight bashful blush passed her cheeks when the Interrogator addressed her personally. Like a school girl being spoken to by her secret crush, the implication of approval was gratifying, given that months ago she could barely move a coin.

"Thank you Sir, I agree. Though...this method has the benefit of being untraceable and completely secure," her flush rescinding.

When it came time to report, however, and consider Orla's position, Marcella waited a moment to see if anyone else would speak. Should they not, she would, her chin up, voice a mixture of supplicant and authority as she offered an informal report.

"This is Orla," she gestured to the other woman.

"She is a member of the Raptore clan to whom we have reached a general accord. We can move through their territory unmolested and we receive information from their scouts. She is a smuggler we have hired and who has proven helpful in navigating the Underhive and for information about the Torra and Sabay. She knows about the weapons and the players involved, but not...us", the implication being The Inquisition, "to either her or her clan. We believed that that was better off left to your discretion to divulge, Sir."

The psyker allowed a pause for whatever came next, from the Interrogator, Orla herself or another of the group.

When the moment came, the Psyker would finish.

"As I mentioned in my prior...communication. The Raptore have had all of their tunnels simultaneously closed off, effectively blinding them to the rest of the Underhive. The Tora and the Sabbay appear to be coordinating their efforts in at least a ceasefire and another 'team' has recently travelled from the Mid-to-Upper hive to meet with Tora leadership.

It is just reasoned speculation at this time, but we currently believe that Drimmle has sent another credit guild team down to the underhive to pay off the Tora and Sabay into working together to help ease the smuggling of the weapons into the Hive. It was the Tora who interrupted the prior shipment last time, and so instead of a costly gang war, they've bought the gangs off. They have then blinded the Raptore, but haven't moved into their territory, that suggests that they are now focusing on bringing more weapons in.

There could be another explanation. Perhaps it wasn't a credit guild team, maybe it was another player. But the only way we believe the two gangs, who previously hated each other, would work together is if they were being paid good money to do so. We currently think that Drimmle has betrayed us, or has at least had his hand forced by those who he serves. We had two options: fight our way through the gangs to disrupt the next shipment and attempt to arrest Captain Casimirre, or return to the Upperhive and disrupt the flow of funds making the gangs play nice. We're not an assault team, Sir, so we chose the latter. If Drimmle is an active traitor, or whether he has had his hand forced - how would you like us to handle it, Sir?"

A slight pause.

"If you wish, I could...interrogate him there, or we could return him here for a lengthier period of...questioning."
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-08-06 at 01:21 AM.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger