"A dragon!?" Iormel exclaims with concern. "Forget fighting, we should evacuate the town, head east with as much as we can carry. Get behind Brindol's walls before we're all dead."
"Being a bit hasty there ain't ya?" Kellin the halfling pipes up. "These goblins are after treasure, ain't they? Bit of gold here, some fat calves there. I'm not happy about giving something away for nothing, but trading some goods for safety for a year's a lot better than uprootin' on a whim. Should tide 'em over for a year or so, and next time we'll be ready."
"Why would they leave with some when they could take it all?" Delora shakes her head. From the looks of her, she's seen combat, even though officially she's just a stable owner. "We can fight for the homes we built and the fields we sowed. They fought off a dragon once, they could do it again."
While Soranna doesn't suggest any specific line going forwards, she does note "We could send a rider to Brindol. It's a three day ride by horse. They might be able to muster some forces but it could be the better part of two weeks before they arrive."
"Perhaps..." Norro says hesitantly, "perhaps we might send emissaries to speak to the hobgoblins, see what they're seeking? And maybe tell folks to prepare their young and old to head east? At least for a while?"

Spoiler: OOC
Show

I would like the party to decide on path they're going to recommend to the Town Council (who, as you can see, are somewhat split on their opinions) and then have someone (I'm guessing the person with the best modifier) put that forward with a relevant ability check; no 'Help' advantage here, since the roll is representing the party.
You do get a +1d4 boost for the map though.