1. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: (IC IV) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    As Rachel starts to leave, the man calls out in a daze, "Hey, don't you still need help with your car?" His eyes are still half mast, and he makes no attempt to get up.

Later, she messages Gabe. His reply reads, "Just finishing up with some questions at The Church. Probably here for another 10-15 though, if you can get here in time." She could.

Ignacio turns a pleading gaze to Antoine. The Spear member shrugs, ignoring the ghoul and says in reply to Anna, "The bitch can starve for all I care." The callousness of the reply takes Ignacio by surprise, and rather than protesting or pleading more, he simply moans and drops his head into his lap.

To Anna's direct question, their host frowns and takes a long moment to think it over before replying. "I suppose I'll wait till The Prince, or whomever, has approved that we be allowed to deliver justice... and I'll deal with this one first," he says, indicating the Ghoul who rises his head up to stare at Antoine with horror, "then we'll deal with Saul. But at least now we know how to get to him." Anna wasn't sure if the "We" included her, or if he was simply referring to his Sire.

Anna gets another message from Tony. Though she had been sending him files, she never replied to his previous question. "Are you sure you can trust what this man is saying???"

(OOC: I figured Karl would be talking to him directly. So a Wits + Subterfuge roll almost makes more sense here. However, I'll give you the success.)

Karl's ploy works, though it takes a little longer for the detective to notice the stray bullets than he would have liked. Though the finishing on the bullets was relatively matte, they were still reflective enough to catch the light, and after the detective finds the first one, he is crawling on his belly to get all the way under the car to reach the last two bullets.
    “At the very least, he should be questioned,” Anna said, “he may be able to shed more light on who else is involved, and why.”

Anna replied to Tony: “it seems unlikely this is a ruse. We tracked the van used in the attack via auspex. Even if it was a fake Reggie Fort, the ghouls were still instructed to attack the Spear’s church. Add to that the recent attack on Karl and myself, the kindred body near the Oakland bridge, and Nova’s disappearance. At the very least, Saul (and the domitors of the other ghouls) were involved and would be able to confirm, if they were brought in. Shall we talk to Saul?”

Edit; after she pressed send, Anna looked back and forth between Antoine and Ignacio. She turned to Antoine.
    “I don’t know if it matters to you, but he was wearing a crucifix,” she said.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2023-07-02 at 07:21 PM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig