1. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: [WFRP2e] The Power of One - Part 2 - "Transire Benefaciendo"

Taalia Giovanni

Taalia moved through the swamp with the others, gradually forming a symbiotic relationship with them. It felt odd to be the 'oldest' in a group, as she herself was used to being the kid, the youth, the juve, the one who looked to the elders for support and assistance. But now, she wasn't even 20 years old yet these kids were looking to her to, if not guide them, at least point out the pitfalls so that they could navigate them on their way to the Weavers hide-out.

On her way, Taalia had offered a few words here, some chit-chat there. They weren't grizzled veterans set in their ways. A benefit and pitfall of their youth was impressionability, and so far their initial dislike of her seemed to be wearing off. Taalia had employed those trouble maker boys for two years, she knew how young men behaved, acted and thought; she was able to tailor her words and draw up conversations and lines of dialogue that dissolved their spite and got them snickering or laughing gently.

Obviously, such a tactic didn't work on Elda, even with her emotionally reinforced hatred for the towering, white-haired outsider.

But when they approached that camp, Taalia did her best to stay hidden - but alas, t'was not to be. Her night time sight picked out traps and snares, sparing and preserving their lives, had carried them to this moment, but at the last second the sentry became aware of their presence.

Her sword already in hand, Taalia wasted no time in charging, knowing at least the most nearby of her companions would likely do the same, hoping to stab and dragging the sentry down into the muck with her other hand over his mouth to muffle and scream and hide their presence....
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-07-02 at 09:05 PM.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger