Quote Originally Posted by MrAbdiel View Post
Oh, of course! Élan is the most important part. :D

@Bramble, I wonder if I could ask for a little more detail about the fortress. You don't have to get down to square footage or anything, but if we're gonna crack this nut we're gonna need to scheme. I've a couple of questions for example:

- How tall is the fortress? I'm imagining a small standalone castle with a single tower-keep. And importantly:

- What is the construction? rough quarried stone and mortar, or squared stone bricks, or something more exotic? This is important because...

- How difficult of a freehand climb does it look? That's assuming it's too high to get a grappling hook over.

- How big and tough is the fortress door? Is this something that will require a team with a battering ram on a swing or is it something that can be theoretically taken apart with axes given a bit of elbow grease?
im imagining the same thing you are

the bricks are squared away, so its certainly not a simple climb, and definitely not one to be taken on by a neophyte climber

the door theoretically could be taken down, but that might just burn energy you need for other thing