View Single Post

Thread: Jumpers Vs. Wh40k ITP OOC 1

1. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Jumpers Vs. Wh40k ITP OOC 1

okay. lets try to figure out what "exist on more dimensions than the mundane" even MEANS, which means we have to figure out what CSTE does in the context of Doctor Who, before we can figure out what the context is for Wh40k.

the Doctor cannot change fixed points in time. this suggests the CSTE thing has its limits, that while there is an importance to a CSTE, it cannot inherently override something so vital to the structure of the universe that without it the universe stops existing, mostly time events. thus I'd say certain events vital to making Wh40k the setting it is, like the Emperor fighting Horus and Emperor being put on the golden throne or the Fall of the Eldar or the whole thing with Goge Vandire, the Fall of the Age of Technology through the Men of Iron all probably counts as Fixed Points in time and thus can't over come them.

the Doctor also encounters problems with the Blinovitch Limitation Effect such as crossing one's own timeline, so the CSTE can't really protect against like paradoxes caused by doing that either- basically if it would alter the personal memory of your life, you've screwed up. but this is an edge case.

oh and also: the way Horus got corrupted into rebelling against the Emperor is that the Chaos gods showed Horus a vision of the 41st millennium and lying to him that if he doesn't do something the Emperor will become a tyrannical god king of a horrible hell world, when it was Horus doing something that led to it. so. the whole ten thousand years between that vision and Horus falling to Chaos in 30k is technically a massive time paradox/stable time loop thanks to the Chaos Gods.

all the things I can find om CSTE only mention the practical effects of the Doctor's CSTE protecting from being killed in a normal way and such. the higher dimension thing just seems like....a explanation thing for why one is an CSTE? like something about you is significant in the dimensions that affect probability and being likable I guess? whatever it is, this sounds more and more similar to something a Necron would have than a Warp being. like this scifi/claketech stuff, so.....maybe something Necron can help me figure this out? Orikan's a diviner who reads the future through patterns in the stars and like time travels in petty ways against Trazyn maybe info on him will shed some light on this.

so apparently, Orikan's time travel can fray the fabric of the universe and thus tear rifts in reality to make daemonic invasions more likely if he does it too much. and his divinations about what can happen in the future can be messed up by Daemons since they're nonlinear.

what little information I can find on the C'tan is that they have ability called "time's arrow" where a C'tan attempts to erase someone from time and space by "mutating the flow of time" but also things "immune to natural law" which allow them to not be bound by things like "gravity" or "solidity of matter" and other abilities about the natural laws being undone without involving the Warp.....ay yi yi....

.....so....I think considering all this.... a CSTE higher dimensions thing for this jump probably just means you can do Necron hyper-science nonsense better if you decide to learn such knowledge to manipulate it correctly. but if you screw up, by default Warp rifts start happening by default but weirder things and anomalies if it would be worse/more grimdark. don't ask how, its 40k it can ALWAYS get worse. thats the best answer I can come up with.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2023-06-30 at 06:36 PM.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".