1. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: [WFRP2e] The Power of One - Part 2 - "Transire Benefaciendo"

Taalia Giovanni

When Ralphio began his rebuttle, Taalia narrowed her heterochromia eyes. Glaring as she was, she went to speak, her mouth just opening before Cestie's elder hand gently moved over and lay prohibitively on her shoulder, a sign from him to her that he really, really wanted her to be quiet right now and not let that decisive, but impulsive temper of hers get them into further trouble. At this silent request, Taalia swivelled her eyes to view him, closed her lips and stepped back.

She then remained quiet, a coldness entering her eyes as she peered at the thieves leader.

He didn't think deterants worked? Well how about she moved up there and stabbed him through his che -

"Then I'll go after him. Tell me where the Tungusco clan is."

Taalia blinked as Maso spoke, turning her head to look at him. Her borderline sociopathic dead-stare vanished in an instant, replaced only with her more usual warmth and concerned affection as she shook her head once and put her hand around the elder Cestie's shoulders. She leaned in closely, all her cold fury and defiance gone as she looked and acted exactly like girls her age when faced with potential calamity.

"Cestie, no!" she implored, whispering gently.

"Without you, this gang will forever pester your relatives, and Bella will be trapped here at their mercy. I know you love your grandson, but too many others rely on you!" she beckoned, her voice strained, face alive with worry as she was half-way to hugging the elder that had guided her for years.

"I will do it. You and Bella stay here. She needs you, your family needs you: you're the only thing keeping this gang of crooks from them!"
    she continued, now fully hugging the elder tightly, her demeanor having completely shifted in the space of half a minute.

"You need someone with night eyes? I'll go," Taalia stated, turning away from Cestie and facing the king of thieves, that cold visage back across her face, her blue-and-green eyes drained of their usual warmth.

Could this just be a charade to lure Taalia out with a group of Weavers, on her own, for them to exact some type of revenge? Possibly. But Taalia didn't see any other way out.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-06-30 at 03:28 AM.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger