1. - Top - End - #86
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Tomboys and Troublemakers Part V: Zut Zut Zut and a Bottle of Bordeleaux

Quote Originally Posted by MrAbdiel View Post
    It's weird, right? In one sentence it sounds like you can heal once per battle or encounter; in the next it suggests they can be performed once per day. That's Black Industries/Fantasy Flight, for you - sometimes, 'we just don't proof read'.
    These are the same people who put "Keen Senses is a Trait not a Talent" in the same book as a career that has it as a talent...

And I am honestly cool with that, because there are two advanced and one basic career that have it and they are all thematically appropriate

Quote Originally Posted by MrAbdiel View Post
    Strictly by the rules, you can receive healing tests equal to the number of damaging encounters you have in a day. If your medic rolls poorly and does not heal any or many of your wounds, you need to go outside and run into a tree to take a couple more and provoke a new healing roll that might restore them and more. Since Wighard is the one making all the healing rolls (and taking the psychological trauma from succeeding or failing in them) I would suggest we let Wilphe go with whatever his instinct suggests to him and make that the standard for the present game.
    I am happy with the above

The main limiting factor from wounds is getting IP from crits, not recovery time

And the main limiting on magical healing is the same that exists for all magic

This is why I don't advocate for the Optional rule in ToS:

Optional Rule: Restricted Healing

Healing spells can diminish the grim and perilous nature of the game if they are overused. A gaming group that has lost its fear of combat because it boasts a priest of Sigmar or Shallya among its number is missing out on the feel of WFRP. The following optional rules provide an alternative for GMs who wish to limit the effectiveness of healing spells in their games. Healing spells only heal 1 Wound to heavily wounded characters, no matter how many Wounds the spell would normally heal. In addition, a heavily wounded character may only gain the benefit from one Healing spell per day, no matter how many are cast upon him.

Firstly because all the above I've said

Secondly because PCs should be allowed to be good at the things they are good at

Thirdly because if you have a Priest of Shallya you are a man down in combat 99.9999% of the time anyway and that seems quite enough to have to deal with
    Last edited by wilphe; 2023-06-29 at 07:27 AM.