Quote Originally Posted by Charybdis1618 View Post
The increasing size and power of thr bullets has only a marginal effect on their damage output, but the combined mass begins to do substantial damage. The grenade finally tears it apart completely. Loukas kicks the pyramid, manifesting another spirit. Loukas' deep brown eyes glitter with excitement. "You're good. I know my sidearm is a major downgrade, but try it, would you?"

He hands her the revolver and a speedloader of extra bullets. They appear to be entirely mundane hollow points. They have little more effect on the spirit than any other bullet. Loukas nods.

"Thought the power would work a little different for you. Look."

Upon closer examination, you see that the front sight is bent slightly. With practice one could adapt to such, but an unfamiliar shooter should have missed entirely. However, it seems you subliminally adapted to the nature of the firearm in your hand, using it to its maximum potential.

"My kit's entirely mundane too. I bought this gun at an estate sale. I loaded the bullets myself. This bow, and these arrows, came from a Sport Authority in downtown Athens. Remember, magic is personal. No two people wield it quite the same, but it will always fit its wielder. I use a bow because of the personal touch and the emphasis on skill. Anything more complex than a single-action revolver, I lose too much connection to the shot, and the magic fails. You, however, use the gun as a means to an end. How does the saying go? 'One mind, any weapon?' So, your magic simply enhances your natural proclivity and skill."
"Or lots of practice" the Shroud suggests with some skepticism, looking down the bent revolver sight again, clear of anyone or anything else. "Do most... spirits... get damaged by enough bullets?"