1. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: [WFRP2e] The Power of One - Part 2 - "Transire Benefaciendo"

Taalia Giovanni

And just like that, Taalia had killed another person, Daybreak cleaving through the neck of the shorter goon that had stabbed her beloved best friend.

Where once Taalia would have uttered the bellowing roar of intimidation, now she fought with a more quiet, steely-eyed discipline. She wasn't 1 vs 6 where she hoped to frighten people away. No no, she was looking out now for Bella and Cestie. That meant she had to keep a cool head so tha -

"ReeeeeeEEEEEEEEAAAAGHGH!"

Taalia's eyes immediately widened. The inflection. The accent. The sound. She knew it all too well.

Skaven.

And not just any Skaven, this was what Taalia knew to be a Stormvermin: the martial elite of the rat-man world. They were instantly recognisable by their black-fur, the blessed complexion marking them for advanced training among their society and a tell-tale sign of greater innate aggression and physical skill.

Thankfully her sudden lapse was not enough to sacrifice her body to the probing weapons of her opponents, her shield coming up to glance away knives and her body dodging out of the way of clubs. In reponse, Taalia snarled and stabbed and slashed where she could, her blade aimed for flesh as Bella's screams echoed in her ear.

"Bella, behind me!!" she yelled.

Cestie! The shepardess thought in fright to herself. Though long-dead instincts warned her away from seizing the Skavens attention, she knew it was in the older mans best interests that she do so.

<"Heechigar!"> Taalia yelled out in Queekish.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-06-23 at 09:08 AM.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger