1. - Top - End - #261
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Jumpers vs. 40k IC1: Worst. Isekai. Ever.

Alexandra has a few things going for her.

1: Her own Psyhcic power. the Description comapres it to Dark Firebird—a Composite of Dark Pheonix and Fire—and Ex-Man, a compoite of X-Man and Jericho.

Dark Phoenix and X-Man have psionic powers that transcend conventional physicsl, ncluding the laws of time and space. They are forces of reality in their own right, respectively the cosmic embodiment of the "Destruction" aspect of the cyle of creation and destruction and a living world in his onw right at the apex of his evolution.

Then Alexandra spent 40 years with her powers steadily evolving.

She also has a perk that lets her fully comprehend and master her own powers.

If she can comprehend her own power, then Nurgle's consciousness is nothing new.

2: Alexandra is Enlightened in the ways of the Green Light of Will. Her mind is a steel trap nd her spirit a font of infinite willpower. Additionally,y her Well Adjusted Perk ensures she is always motivated and blocks external attempts to control or change her so Nurgle's corruptive efforts should fall flat.

3: Alexandra has perfect memory which, by necessity, requires an infinite capacity for information. Nurgle could feed her all of his knowledge and experiences and it would only be a drop in the bucket.

So now... onto phase too.

The psychic connection Established and Nurgle doing nothing to combat it directly means that Alexndra can channel the White Light of Life directly into him. She uses Bandwith and Wavelength's ability to establish arcane connections to reinforce her psionic one, just in case.

Given that it is in every way the Anti-Thesis to his very being, she imagines that it will be painful.

She then starts directing the effects of the White Light and the Spectrum of colors and emotions that compose it to do their desired effects.

White purifies disease and routes corruption. Violet crystalizes and places within stasis, Indigo purges spiritual corruptions and soothes unneeded negativity.

And Orange... Orange assimilates.

That perk that lets her understand and master her powers? it also lets her get away with "eating an energy field bigger than her head," so to speak.

She very much doubts that Nurgle as he exists now will survive the process. What's going to happen is that the process of assimilation will transform him into something else, from a being of disease, decay, stagnation, and apathy into a being of life, rebirth, stability, and acceptance who will become an extension of Alex's power as she assimilates him first into the White Light a then Directly into herself.

...Assuming he survives the process at all that is. He may be destroyed utterly or simply converted into raw power.

And that's assuming that a daemon doesn't get a lucky shot and break her concentration though, given that each Daemon is basically a cell in the 'body' of the Chaos God that spawned them, she's pretty secure in the idea that is unlikely.

As she begins the process she begins chanting oaths to herself. Both to empower the White Light and to emphasize how the EMotional Spectrum is Nurgle's antithesis.

Starting from the most primal of emotions?

"With blood and rage of crimson red, torn from a corpse so freshly dead, together with my hellish hate, I'll burn your soul that is your fate!"

Rage is not hatred. It is not antipathy. Rage is the primal reaction, the idea that "this is wrong." It is one half of the primal urge to survive, the drive to fight to correct wrongs. Call it vengeance, call it justice, call t closure. When combined with love, it is the course of grief which is in turn the ultimate source of rage.

"What's mine is mine, is mine is mine, is mine is mine, not yours!"

Avarice gets a bad rap. Sure, it's the source of things like greed and gluttony, but it's also the drive to assert yourself. To place value in yourself. To assert that things have a value becuase you value them. It's what lets you form connections to people, places, and things, to make Compassion an actionable feeling, to turn love from an ethereal concept into something concrete. It's the drove to do something, find something, make something, be something simply because it may bring happiness be it for yourself or those you care for.

"In blackest day, in brightest night. Beware your fears made into light. Let those who'd stop that which is right, burn like my power, Starheart's Might!"

Fear left unchecked causes problems yes, but at its basest level it is simply the awareness of threats and danger and the drive to do something about it. Fear is not the antithesis of bravery, but its source: Bravery is the act of taking control of your fear and using it to empower and motivate yourself rather than letting it control you.

"In brightest day and blackest night no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship Evil's might, beware my power, Starheart's light!"

Willpower. Motivation. The flame that refines fear into courage. The drive that focuses rage and avarice and love. The tool that makes hope and compassion actionable. The instinct to keep going no matter what and see things through to the end instead of giving up or accepting your own powerlessness too early.

“In fearful day, in raging night, With strong hearts full, our souls ignite, When all seems lost in the War of Light, Look to the stars, for hope shines bright!”

Of all the colors, this is the second most antithetical to Nurgle. The desire, the instinct, the fundemental truth that things always can be better, that you don't have to accept things as they are. that all things can change for the better. Each step forward is a revolution.

"In days of sorrow, in miserable nights, I'll extend my hand to set a light. When hope is gone, the end is now, I'll lift you up, this is my vow!"

Compassion is the ability to look at others and feel what they feel. To desire to reach beyond yourself or your in-group, to help. To try and change things for others instead of just yourself. And at the same time, the willingness to compromise.

"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in the dark of night, accept my love and join my fight, love concurs all with brilliant light!"

Love is understanding. Love is kind. It is not selfish... and Love cannot die. No matter how brokenhearted you may be your ability to love shall never be lost. Your old love will persist and eventually be reborn in the form of new love. Love divided between multiple recipients is not lessened and, in fact, grows, creating more. Even after your death, the love you shared will live on in your bonds with others, having influence well beyond what you started with.

The last Oath is simple. Alexandra smiles as she says it.

Live!

What brings all seven emotions together? Joy. Pure, existential, Joy. The simple fact that one is happy to be alive. The Certainly that no matter how pointless existence is, no matter how much one may suffer in their life, the simple fact that they were alive, that they lived at all, is something to be happy about. That life is inherently worth living.

All of that is being mainlined directly into Nurgle. It i s trying to tear him apart, purify him, rebuild and invert him into his own antithesis in such a way as to make him part of Alexandra's power... Or just destroy him.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2023-06-17 at 01:35 AM.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks