Also, 'John figures out how to undo the power-dampener' feels like it's being telegraphed so strongly that it's starting to feel like there's a subversion incoming. Really really hoping that the subversion isn't 'nope, he's still depowered lolz'.
Given the vials at the end of this one labeled "JOHN: Sample — Disabler resistance", I think it's pretty clear that he is able to undo the power-dampener. But what exactly is the deal with those vials? Are those the samples of the amplifier? If so, it's pretty curious that they're labeled "disabler resistance", given that they work on people who don't seem to have their power dampened. Also, it should be less surprising that they contain DNA similar to John's if they're literally labeled with his name. So I'm interpreting those as being separate, vials of John's blood that someone (Spectre?) has and is trying to experiment with.

It's nice to see relatively normal interactions between the Ember agents. I like when villains aren't twirling their mustaches 24/7.