1. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: [WFRP2e] The Power of One - Part 2 - "Transire Benefaciendo"

Taalia Giovanni

Taalia was still in her stoic mode when they all gathered inside the house. If she felt any remorse or guilt, only slivers of regret at the outcome were visible on her face, but her voice told her true story.

"Imagine if they had gained entry without any of us being alert. There was seven of them, all armed with knives and with empty sacks. They would have ruined your business, and Myrmidia knows what they would have done with the children, or Bella," she gestured to her friend with genuine concern and affection. Taalia knew the girl had an independent streak and was brave enough to try and fight the troll with them all. It wasn't her spirit she doubted. But even the most skilled man would struggle when faced with 7 knives while rising from his slumber.

"I regret that it had to end that way, but I'd do it again were I in the same situation once more," she stated.

Now that she thought about it...the mutants...the pirates...now the thief...she'd killed almost ten people since arriving on the surface. That was...a lot. Granted, they all had it coming. But still...despite how mostly idylic and peaceful life was here on the surface compared to where she had come from, most people went their lives without so much as claiming one.

Oh and one Skaven too, but that didn't count. Animals.

Now, however, came the politics of the situation. The Weevers were a gang of thieves...perhaps this would intimidate them off? At least for as long as Taalia remained in the area. Strong-armed leg-breaking didn't seem within the style of just thieves, unless they had significantly upped their game since last Maso had ran with their numbers. Still, Taalia was inclined to listen to the senior Cestie, nodding gently at his words.

"I'm coming with you, Sinogre," she stated, her sonorous and smoky voice soft in the gravity of the situation, moving a hand over to rest against and squeeze his own as a sign of support.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-06-14 at 05:05 AM.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger