1. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: [WFRP2e] The Power of One - Part 2 - "Transire Benefaciendo"

Taalia Giovanni

The girl at the printing press had mentioned the fantastic idea of children in the countryside of Tilea being able to travel to distant lands in their imaginations thanks to reading readily available books. Taalia agreed. But while the printed text was a passage way through which one could conceive in their own mindseye, the Statuary was delivering a piece of those far-off shores to ones doorstep.

"Look at this!" the shepardess exclaimed, standing and staring in amazement at the statue of a lion. What even was such a creature? So majesty yet fierce, its enormous mane hanging like a wreathe of gravitas around the predatory cats great shoulders. From where did such a beast originate? What was its temperament? Though Taalia was technically the most travelled of their trio, having walked from Norsca to Tilea, such a journey had been hidden beneath the surface and deep within the bowels of that fetid Skaven Underempire. The world beyond was enormous and frightening, but also wondrous.

When the grey clouds began to coalesce across the sky above and the the three men maid their offer to recreate something in sand, Taalia, wearing her bright beaming smile, put her hand up.

"Me!" she announced excitedly.

"Or us?" she turned to Cestie and Bella, looking upon them and asking visually if they wanted to join her.

If they did, Taalia's suggested pose was soppy but sentimental. She would stand between them, an arm over each shoulder and wearing that bright smile of hers.

Otherwise, she would strike a much more heroic pose, self-aware enough to be humorous about such a self-aggrandizing moment later on.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-06-03 at 09:04 PM.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger