1. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: [WFRP2e] The Power of One - Part 2 - "Transire Benefaciendo"

Taalia Giovanni

Taalia smiled at the girls optimism.

"I think that is a beautiful vision of the future," she agreed. Knowledge and inspiration were truly some of mankinds most powerful motivators that had pushed them to great heights.

The shepardess considered the book in her hands: Forma di Malevola, or Malevolent Form. It was a textbook that catalogued (if guessed correctly) the strange and awful horrors that lurked in the world, including her former owners. Opening up the book, noting the crushed corner, Taalia drew her eyes over the inscriptions and drawings, all of the familiarity returning to her.

"It's a shame we cannot talk about the rat-men in past tense," she muttered, before swiping through a few more pages. She then remembered their encounter with the ghost at the vila, and how her ignorance of it had almost cost her life and that of Bella and Cestie's. Pursing her lips, tapping her index finger against a random page as she was visibly thinking, Taalia nodded and closed it. She'd take it.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Taalia will part with 20 smackeroo's and be the proud owner of a book. She owns 2 books now, the one that the Verena priestess gave her and this one.

And she figures once she's read it a few times and needs to part with it before entering the Empire (because they don't permit it, apparently), she can fix the corner up and, with the exchange rate, she'll get her money back anyway, and then some. Win win!
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-06-03 at 02:12 AM.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger