The old priest fairly jumps out of his skin as the agitated outdoorsman Philemon blunders forward. Clutching at his chest he wheezes and takes a moment to regain his breath, steadying himself. At this point you see the man is missing his right arm, seemingly a long-healed old wound or injury judging by the way he handles himself.

"Cityfolk?! Here to help?! Come in, come closer" he says in a surprised, friendly manner particularly as the more presentable Eponine makes herself known.

"Bring your companion in. Lay them over here. Oh, a dwarf! By the blazing rays of Solanus, I've not seen a dwarf in these parts for some years. Let's see if I can patch her up"

With his gilt-wooden sun-disc holy symbol clutched in his hand he utters a prayer to his goddess and a soft radiance briefly cocoons Artaith as the healing takes effect.

Spoiler: healing
Show
cure light wounds (1d8+4)[12]

"My name is Rhall. Thank the Lady's light that help has finally been sent. This place has been slowly giving up on itself and no-one around here seems minded to take any action. Especially not out there in the woods."

Spoiler: Philemon the local
Show
Does Phil know the priest? I wrote him as a native of the little hamlet, but also a bit of a loner and outdoorsman, so I imagine either answer is far.
I've been running it such that Phil is 'familiar but not familiar' with the town. ie knows the very high level stuff but in order to preserve the 'exploration' feel doesn't really know the detail. Mechanically perhaps a +2 Knowledge (Local) for some checks.

So, he knows of broadly who is around. But he doesn't have any relationship with any named NPC's. In this instance let's say he knows that there is a priest but hasn't had cause to meet before.

Maybe he lived as a loner a mile or so south out of town? Knew some (nameless) farmers who disappeared a while back. Came to the village once a month or so to trade pickled eggs but never really made any contacts or friends (looking at you, 7 Charisma).