1. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: (IC IV) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    "Very well," Karl says through gritted teeth. He turns over his shoulder, presumably making eye contact with Gabe. Anna hears him holler "Do it," the command followed by a series of gunfire. He turns back to Anna and says, "Let's go." He pockets his weapon and begins running down walkway, bootsteps muffled by dirt smeared carpet.

Eyes peek out from behind windows, but no one dares open a door or get in the way, as the trio make their way downstairs and away from the motel, as they are joined by Victor. Somehow, and fortunately, no crowds have gathered to witness the firefight. And of course, anyone stupid enough to take a picture or video with their phones will be rewarded with garbage footage; not that the four witness any Kine in the act.

Being undead has its advantages, and one of them is not needing to breath harder when you are running for your life. Several blocks later, but not a lick out of breath, nor drenched in the mortal curse of sweat, Victor says smugly, "So... I guess there wasn't much point bugging their van." He gestures toward the half conscious Ghoul and says, "I see we took a party favor."
    Anna Wu

As they left, Anna looked over Karl and Gabe to see if either were severely injured. On the way to the Church, she Pulsed ahead to Antoine let him know they were on their way with a ghoul witness to the attack, intended on interviewing him there, and invited Antoine to observe.

"It was a precaution, same as your being outside," Anna replied to Victor, "I'm surprised none of them ran, to be honest. Would have been so much cleaner if they just _talked_."
    She punctuated the last word by shoving the barrel of her pistol into the ghoul's kidney, then knocked twice on the door, not too loudly in deference to Antoine's sire who asked not to be disturbed.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2023-05-26 at 07:58 AM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig