Quote Originally Posted by Willie the Duck View Post
What is gratuitous about Momo doing yoga in a yoga outfit? May still walking around in just a sports bra, yeah that's gratuitous (albeit absolutely in-character).
Momo in her second body was always very conservatively dressed. I don't think we ever saw her in clothes that were even slightly revealing. At the lake party she wore an extremely covering one piece suit that was almost like a scuba outfit.

In other words, Momo after her body swap was never even remotely sexualized. Which is pretty much what you'd expect from her character, eel gags aside she's very prim and proper person.

Now we've jumped with no warning to her having changed her body for no stated reason. The very first shot of her she's showing more skin than she has ever displayed, in a pose that accentuates her long bare legs and highlights the skintight minishorts she's wearing. The next shot is a closeup of her holding her arm behind her back to display her armpit in a way that can definitely be taken as provocative. We also get a close up of her midriff which also happens to show off how low her shorts are on her hips, and the cloth drapes in a very sexy way.

"Gratuitous" is the only word that fits. If anything, it's an understatement. I was shocked and disheartened by today's strip more than any of the Moray stuff did.

----

On the topic of what's actually happening....yech. Yet another massive plot jump. No house hunting plot. No drama of Marigold and Dale having different ideas about where they want to live. No drama of trying to find somewhere convenient (as Marigold is another non-driver as far as I'm aware, even if Dale can). Momo changes bodies without any explanation, off-screen.

All in all, I'd say Marigold and Friends are short by at least 500 strips of story. Story that would have been far more interesting than Cubetown, containing characters I actually like.