Quote Originally Posted by Willie the Duck View Post
Long story short*: we most-all think Jeph got 'followers' and 'subscribers' confused when the streaming plotlines started and had Aurelia reference that her friend BurgerOni (who we knew was Marigold) had an unprecedented number of paying subscribers. Instead of edit it, he decided to go with it, regardless of the realism.
*and sorry if you were here for this and the recap is unnecessary.

What is gratuitous about Momo doing yoga in a yoga outfit? May still walking around in just a sports bra, yeah that's gratuitous (albeit absolutely in-character).

Regarding Marigold's new house: it looks like it is big, but not other typical-extravagance-coding (having white and beige tiled floors and painted kitchen cabinets, not Oriental rugs and animal heads on walls and gold-covered everything). I have a couple employees and a coworker who bought micro-McMansions out in the exurbs that resemble this. That great big (tall-ceiling) entryway apparently just sucks up heating/AC dollars, but ends up not actually doing anything. Gotta say, I envy their kitchen sizes, though.
I do wonder how many bedrooms it has to go with the three gaming rooms and workout studio. But yeah, I kinda find it eye rolling to basically have this time skip where they went from "Hey im wealthy now, maybe I should do something" to "Ok, im in my mcmansion with my people and have been for some time now."