1. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: [WFRP2e] The Power of One - Part 2 - "Transire Benefaciendo"

Taalia Giovanni

Crack! the first shot blasted out, illuminating the darkened chamber with the muzzle flash.

Nothing.

Taalia holstered her pistol and withdrew her other in a practiced, fluid motion - Crack!

Nothing.

The shots went right through it.

The girls eyes widened...and widened...and widened, until they were each the breadth and depth and glazed-over image of a silver coin as the true nature of the 'man' was revealed. He was no shambling corpse, no desiccated horror returned to a state of undeath with a hunger for the living. No, this was far, far worse, as the image of the man flickered with ethereal power and his silhouette expanded into its ghostly horrors: the mouth pulled wide and the inner darkness between stars manifested as an all-encompassing maelstrom of teeth and formless tentacles into which the soul would enter and disappear into the finality of oblivion.

Taalia fled. Shield and gun in hand, she fled, as whatever primordial instincts animated the human species from the swamp to the field seized control of her mind, turned in the direction of the entrance way and sent her body hurtling in its direction. Where once she had entered with quiet, steely curiosity, now she rocketed out of that house as fast as her long legs could carry her.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-05-21 at 04:20 AM.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger