I think they left Imoen as a rogue as well, didn't they?

I considered making Sarevok a Conquest Paladin, but both times I've sat down to build him, I've ended up building him as a Samurai. It gives him some of the persuasion skills that tied in with his attempt to take over Baldur's Gate, and matches with the whole "I refuse to die again" thing he has going in ToB. If the party keeps his sword until they meet him again, it will get a boost (they hinted at it in dialogue but didn't implement it).

I contemplated dropping the Equalizer, but it's another motive to check out the beholder and illithid environments in the underdark. I don't want to deal with "Is this enemy NE or CE? Do I get +2 or +4?" Moving a bit away from alignment tracking to a more Law based approach, I have (for now) settled on it being a +3 Longsword. While attuned and holding it, the user can Take 10 on one attack roll and one saving throw per round (resets at the beginning of the round's initiative). Whether that is a great ability or a weak one is, I think, going to depend on the character, the foe, and the player's interest in having guaranteed "Not Bad" rolls.