Alleys of Timeborne

The thugs are nearly wordless with gratitude as they escape the alley, one of them lingering to watch Hylusi's servants sort through their weapons. "My knife..." But his friend roughly grabs him by the arm. "You wanna die for a knife? C'mon. Let's leave while they let us." The first thug looks at Hylusi with naked threat for a moment, but then turns away, fires of rebellion quelled. A knife was apparently nothing to die for today.

It was easy for her to identify which knife belonged to the bemoaner with the angry face. Most of the blades and truncheons were cheap affairs, the type of thing you pick up for copper or make yourself. However, one of them is a keen, curved blade with a gutting hook, silver enlaid in the blade, a golden grip, and a ruby shaped like a heart on the pommel. It radiates a sense of off power, and it thrums slightly in one's grip, as though something were vibrating the blade. It's unmercifully sharp, and draws the eye with unnatural strength.

Timeborne Reputation Gained- Not to be Trifled With

At the Library of Worlds

Following Darli's map, one half of the group finds themselves at the Library of Worlds. A red-brick structure with clay roof tiles sprawls over a couple of acres, crowding nearby buildings. Five stories tall and featuring a central tower with a dome-like top, the main entrance of this building is flanked by two large iron sculptures of stylized humanoids reading from massive tomes. The doors are open, but relatively few people are moving in and out. Those who do nod at you all congenially as you approach, so there doesn't seem to be any tomfoolery about getting into the place. Once inside, you find yourselves before a central desk, looking around at shelve upon shelve of books, each one identically sized but in a kaleidoscope of colors and ranging in age from fresh pressed covers to nearly disintegrated text.

The docent at the front counter smiles at you all, saying "Welcome to the Library of Worlds. How may I help you?" He is another androgenous blue vedalken with two arms sorting through some sort of card catalogue and the other two opened in greeting. "You have the look of locals. I'm surprised we've already swept up visitors, that usually doesn't occur until we leave... but I assure you, this is the right place for any newcomer to Timeborne to come- we have any and all information that could help you right here!"

At the Preservationist Enclave

A low wall surrounds a wide yard filled with tidy stacks of lumber, bricks, and stones of various size and color, roof tiles, sand, brackets, and other building materials. At any given time, one or two carts are pulled up in the yard, loading up supplies and specialized tools. A supervisor clutching a ledger watches everything, jotting down notes and interacting with those who come and go. The yard backs up to several attached warehouse-like structures.

The supervisor, a red haired elf with ink stains covering his fingers, points to a wheel barrow of sand being pushed across the yard by what appears to be a humanoid rhinoceros. "No, not there, damnit! That goes in warehouse C, as it's meant for the south side! Whole district needs new concrete mixed ASAP! Get the lead out, you layabout!" The rhino man gives an audible snort, his foot pawing the ground for a moment like he is considering a charge, then turns the wheelbarrow around and pushes it towards a different warehouse. Seeing you entering the chaos of the yard, the elf approaches you. "Safety equipment is required beyond this point. Are you my new workers? If so, you're early. And you won't be paid until the job starts. I'd suggest finding quarters in the city somewhere while we wait for the paint to dry on district L!" He has elven edges to his features, but his eyes are cold and his hands are callused along with ink stained. "Well, who are you? What do you have to say for yourself?" A tag on his shirt says "Supervisor Neng".