Quote Originally Posted by Mechalich View Post
That means the child in question simply willing surrendered the 'confiscated' cannabis, and no legal action took place. There's no chain of custody, and the cannabis is no functionally Evan's to do with as she wishes. Now, ethically, sharing it is incredibly suspect, but that's par for the course in Cubetown.
On the one hand, you're not technically wrong. On the other, it kind of gets worse with every iteration - if a 6 foot 6" amazonian-robot-bodybuilder in a bullet-proof vest with "SECURITY" stencilled across the front, and what looks like the plastic handle of a tazer sticking out of their pocket (waterpistol or otherwise, I wouldn't know) walked up to me and demanded that I empty my pockets... "willingly surrender it" becomes a hell of a lot muddier even if I weren't a minor.

There's a version - a bad faith one given the obviously intended comedic tone of QC, I freely admit, but certainly relevant to the situation - of the story above where Evan has used very sketchy authority to accost a child and intimidated them into taking their stuff, without any accountability or parental consent/involvement. Stuff that she's now giving away for her own benefit in the form of social credit.

But she's "not a cop" I guess, so that makes it okay.