1. - Top - End - #255
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: Questionable Content XIX: Give Jeph Just A *Little* Credit, Here

Ah, I get it now.

This entire arc, from the moment that Emmett walked into Union Robotics with nothing better to do, has been building up to exactly one thing: Jeph continues to introduce all of his characters to all of the other characters, because they way everyone knows each other and can share the hive-mind of information, plots, anecdotes and similar without having to bother his arse with explaining it.

He did something similar last year, when Clinton met Willow, who turned out to live with Ysime and Iris, and taught yoga to Marigold and Hannelore, who works in Coffee of Doom and is friends with Martin, so now Willow knows Claire and Pintsize.... Y'know, that completely natural process of "following strangers down the street until they introduce you to new strangers". Which is basically what Emmett did, having nothing better to do than hang out in the workshop of the last two people they met previously no matter how briefly or erratically.

Now that Claire is going to Cubetown, we have less reason to visit Mom Augustus, so now if we need some awkward internet-adjacent Boomer humour then hey look, Professor Internet-Mom totally organically knows Faye and Bubbles! And her kid probably plays Minecraft and watches anime, double score! .....Even though both Streamer Mom and Prof Internet Mom is probably Gen X, if not possibly even a Millennial i just don't care
    Last edited by Wraith; 2023-05-16 at 07:24 AM.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation