1. - Top - End - #90
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Tzardok's Miscellaneous Homebrew Repository

(Okay. So, allow me to infirnge on your thread and intellectual properties with something pointlessly demented! I spent the last few days travelling and noticed something peculiar. They are spreading. Rapeseed has become such a common crop hereabouts, that it cannot all fit into the fields where it is planted. So it spills out. I've seen individual plants by the road much everywhere. By patches of reed. Atop wooded hills. Even in cities. And I sensed a fell purpose behind this! And so, the idea of this was born:

Yellow Peril
    Its life usually short and hard, the yellow peril is a willing outcast. Assumed to be a rare life stage of the common mind rape, it has remarkable intellect as well as the power of locomotion. It spends most of its life running along roads, never asleep and rarely tired, faithfully sending rudimentary reports back to the home patch. For what nefarious end – that is poorly understood.

Yellow perils understand Sylvan or Common, but do not speak.

Size/Type: Tiny Plant
    Hit Dice: 1d8-3 (1 hp)
    Initiative: +1
    Speed: 10 feet (2 squares)
    Armor Class: 16 (+2 size, +1 Dex, +3 natural), touch 13, flat-footed 15
    Base Attack/Grapple: +0/-13
    Attack:
    Full Attack:
    Space/Reach: 1 1/2 ft./0 ft.
    Special Attacks:
    Special Qualities: Empathic transfer, low-light vision, plant traits, vulnerability to fire
    Saves: Fort -1, Ref +1, Will +2
    Abilities: Str 1, Dex 12, Con 5, Int 10, Wis 15, Cha 11
    Skills: Hide +9 (or +4 when not on temperate plains), Listen +6, Spot +6
    Feats: Endurance, RunB
    Environment: Any
    Organization: Solitary
    Challenge Rating: 1/8
    Alignment: Always neutral
    Advancement:
    Level Adjustment:

Combat
    The yellow peril does not fight. The yellow peril hides. It is not good at hiding.

Empathic Transfer (Su)
    Although it is no part of the hive mind anymore, a yellow peril maintains a connection with it. It can transmit its exact position and how it feels about the position in question to the swarm from any distance and receive minimal feedback (usually amounting to satisfaction or dissatisfaction over its progress).

Skills
    When away from the patch and its natural habitat, the yellow peril has a -5 racial penalty on Hide checks.)
    Last edited by Metastachydium; 2023-05-14 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Forgot to adjust the saves.