Quote Originally Posted by Tzardok View Post
Hah, it's a great feeling seeing the views tick up, only lessened by the fact that so few people post. But no matter, let's keep the thread from falling too far.
Didn't forget about the thread; I was merely busy with other stuff (and you do some work far too clean to need constant typohunting and checking for math errors).

New Creature: Just for Pun 2

This is just something I cobbled together over two days. I hope it's still enjoyable.

Mind Rape
Well, damn. You are, like, Evil!

Mind rape is a yellow flower resembling a rapeseed, but doesn't grow higher than a foot. The plant's roots and stem have small knots that give them the appearance of nerves.
FLOWERS!

Special Qualities: Empathic communication, hive mind, plant traits, swarm traits, vulnerability to fire
Half damage for S and P is usually spelled out explicitly (even though it's technically a swarm trait). Do the little flowers have that? Or is it removed because, well, stationary target?

Abilities: Str 4, Dex 13, Con 14, Int 3, Wis 16, Cha 17
A single mind rape plant has a dull mind and a spark of psionic ability, but no ability to communicate or to use psychic abilities.
A funny thing: this is something we've been discussing with Beni over in the NLA thread just the other day. "Plants have low INT and drink blood" are too old clichés of 3.5 monster design that makes me endlessly SAD (and not like a T1 caster). Now, "the swarm is smarter than its components" is a well-respected twist on the standard "the swarm is stronger than its components" that is, like, the basis of the concept in D&D, but even Shimmerlings go up to INT 7 when together. Would anything break if the flowers had a 3 when alone/unswarmed and a 10 when cooperating (beyond the need for another class skill) notionally or mechanically?

Otherwise this is nice and I like it (and nobody is surprised!). The only mechanically concerning thing is the complete lack of movement modes, which is thematic, of course, but a tough predicament.