Thread: Iron Station Savage Masks IC IV

1. - Top - End - #298
    Bugbear in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: Iron Station Savage Masks IC IV

Quote Originally Posted by InTheMachine View Post
    November 2nd- 6am
    The Art of Demon Summoning
    Seraph stands just off to the side of the edge of John’s circle, dressed in full battle gear. Though he probably hasn’t slept, the angel is laser focused on the magician and his summoning circle. Dark smoke curls around his hand which rests on the pommel of his sword.

Drake stands on the opposite side of the circle from Seraph. A liquid pool of silver metal flows under his feet, ready to defend John if necessary.

John’s mind reaches out into a great black abyss. A small spark ignites in his vision, and his mind is drawn to it. He follows the spark through the darkness for what seems like hours, until he hears the small voice of a young girl.

Who… are you? she asks. Her voice is hesitant, nervous.
    Contact, Dee mouthed as the Latin script faded from his heads-up display. He had remembered most of it but he was still glad for the text. It had been one less thing to worry about.

I am known by the name Dee, Princess Vrell, Dee replied, whispering the words as he projected them across the dimensions so that Seraph could monitor them, and you have no cause to fear me. I am contacting you on behalf of your brother, Prince Zylas, who has sworn a kay’al with me.

He wondered what Doctor Dee would think of him and his offer to an underaged Princess of Hell.

Following the fall of your House, he was concerned for your safety but has been unable to reach you—first because he had been captured and after because he was in a weakened state. He asked me to check on you to make certain you were safe, unharmed, and had not been captured by the enemies of your House.

I can bring you to him, if you are content for me to do so and if you are willing to be subject to the same kay’al as he: “I will take you under my protection until such time as he, and you, are sufficiently recovered to return. We shall treat with one another with charity and good faith and within the bonds the ancients set for hospitality. We shall not in word nor deed nor conspiracy nor failure to act seek to bring one another harm.

I know you are young, Princess Vrell—too young, perhaps, to enter into such arrangements, hence by binding you to one made by your brother, who has reached his age of majority. But that agreement of acting with charity and good faith to him will shelter you until we can bring you to where he is.

Is this agreement acceptable or are you in a place of greater safety than he fears you are? He and I are concerned that there are those who plan to kill you.
    Last edited by mmdeforrest; 2023-05-08 at 02:07 AM.