1. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: [WFRP2e] The Power of One - Part 2 - "Transire Benefaciendo"

Taalia Giovanni

What Taalia was doing was nuts. It was legitimately insane. To think that the careful but ambitious industrial-scale farmer girl from a year ago would simply hurl herself into an arena to fight a potentially lethal game at the behest of the intoxicating spirit of competition and the arena, was verifiably crazy.

Yet here she was.

When Taalia's towering figure was drawn onto the arena floor, the wave of reactions rippled across the crowd. As she was huddled to the others, the shepardess undid her holster buckle to remove the pistols from her hip, and set her blunderbuss down with the Galants equipment also. Under her arm she had her steel helmet, her braided, white hair and youthful features visible as she couldn't help but look around in awe at being on the floor before a crowd of thousands. Her heart pounded against her rib cage and every good modicum of sense she possessed implored her to withdraw back up the wall and return her rear to the bleachers...yet here she stayed.

Then the topic came to the fights she had been in. Lethal ones.

Without thinking, Taalia reached to her collar and underneath it, her fingers gripping something and withdrawing...the tooth of the troll they had killed.

"A troll. Mutants on the road. The Skaven that attacked The Tower in Verezza and twice against the pirates that attacked Bella Collina. That's where I got those!" she gestured to the brace of pistols resting next to her blunderbuss.

Her shield was still on her back, her beautiful sword on her hip.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-05-07 at 07:52 PM.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger