Taalia Giovanni

Taalia snickered, shook her head and rolled her eyes when she learned more about this 'Ranald' fellow, and the plethora of his followers, from miscreant to loveable rogue. It seemed odd that such a deity would attract a base of worshipers that were so different in their philosophical or personal outlook on life. Myrmidia, Verena and Morr were rather self-contained and structured. You wouldn't find a crime lord worshiping Myrmidia with some weak excuse that his strategical dealings were the purview of a godess such as she. But yet, that'd what Ranald cleaved unto himself; a band of adherents who could be entertaining and likeable swashbucklers, to petty thieves to even more dark-hearted and sinister individuals that looked out only for themselves. When Taalia had earlier considered deities being an anthropomorphic reflection of the virtues that a society venerated, perhaps Ranald was in a similar avenue, only his mirror was on an individual rather than collective scale. That way, even the do-gooder wanderer and the callous thief could see themselves within him. Maybe this was a warning? Those who failed to gatekeep the virtues of a deity risked them becoming so diluted that anyone could claim membership with any weaselly rationality.

"I should like to see what temples there to the foreign gods, in the places we go. Sigmar, in the Empire; and Ulric too, though I understand his and Myrmidia's are rival priesthoods. Bretonnia has their Lady, too - though I am not sure which Lady she is, whether she be Shallya or some other. The elves have all their own gods, too; and the dwarves. I wonder if halflings have gods. And I wonder if their gods rely on the human gods, like the halflings themselves."

Taalia smiled at her friend, "we'll offer prayer and tokens at a shrine for each!" she pledged collaboration with Bella's quasi-pilgrimage.

"One more prayer, and then the Colosseum?"

The Shepardess nodded, hooking her arm with Bella's in agreement with her plan.

"I'll shout you a tender shank for the stadium!"