Quote Originally Posted by InTheMachine View Post
November 1st
Natasha’s Office, Keith
Natasha mutters something too low to hear as she goes back to typing. A minute or two later she saves her work and shuts down her computer.

“Okay, I’m ready. Let’s get out of here,” she says as she stands from her desk.

Drake nods and heads out of the office, waiting for them outside.

Once the office is vacated, Natasha locks the door with a key and heads back through the main floor to the lobby. She says goodnight to the guard and takes the elevator back down to the main lobby.

Outside, she takes a right in the sidewalk and starts done the block, pulling her phone out to send a quick text.
Keith tilted his head and then pushed the thought out of his head. Him and Stolas shouldn't have been bickering like that.

As Natasha was ready to leave, he stood up and followed behind Drake outside, Stolas flying back into his shadow so the guards didn't ask questions.

"Apologies for our bickering, Natasha." Keith says as they head back out. He nods at the guard as they pass and on the sidewalk, tilts his head again as Natasha make a right down the block.

"Would you rather ride back? We brought one if the cars if you'd prefer." Keith says following after.

Quote Originally Posted by InTheMachine View Post
East Side Rooftop, John and Keith

Grayson’s gaze stays firmly down and away from the two of them. “Th-that’s part of it, I-I guess. But it’s also be-because h-he told me that he would s-stop hurting me for week. Y-you guys don’t get how m-much it hurts. When he’s really an-angry, my insides are so c-cold that i-it burns. I-I couldn’t take it anymore,” he says quietly.

“I didn’t even notice your c-car,” Grayson admits. “I just wanted to c-come home.”

Grayson glances questioningly up at Keith before his gaze returns to the roof. “John said that you didn’t know t-that he already knew about it when you t-told him about our conversation,” he says, his voice small and hurt.

As John reveals his dragon’s name, Grayson freezes. He seems to stop breathing for a moment. His pupils constrict and shift into vertical slits and his nails instantly sharpen.

You dare?! a voice roars into John and Keith’s heads. The voice is slightly higher in tone than Jaal’s, but still deep.

Grayson’s right hand grabs his left wrist and his eyes squeeze shut. His nails pierce through the skin of his forearm as he fights to keep control.

Who are you to reveal my name, mage?
Keith looks at the roof as Grayson explains why he had left. Of course he didn't understand what Valčdir could do to him. Even when he was sharing his mind with White, White couldn't physically hurt him.

It wasn't something he had to contend with. And now knowing it's an actual dragon and not just the instincts, what could he even say?

Keith nodded as Grayson sounded confused and hurt.

"I didn't know he knew, and was mainly going to tell him what harsh things I had said about him." He looked over at John for a second before back at Grayson.

"I found out he knew after he told me about my half-sister. Before I got the chance to say anything." Keith looks down again. "I'm sorry, Grayson."

As the voice comes into their minds, Keith feels the weight of it and can feel his pendant vibrating.

"That…." His words were caught in his throat for a moment. He had never actually heard the dragon…. Valčdir, speak before. It was always Grayson's voice even in the telepathic communications. Maybe he should talk with Jaal about this later. Tomorrow. Or never. Best to not anger two dragons.

"I've never actually heard his voice so this is a shock." Keith said turning to John and tapping into Stolas's powers a bit.

<<"John, I'm going to try and appeal to Grayson.>>" Keith projected in the Void Tongue. Having Stolas around was useful for translations though he would need that gift eventually. <<"If we need to move, and fast, shout.>>"

He turned back to Grayson, at least the human Visage there that was halfway between them. It was still his friend. His hurt and scared friend that thought he had been betrayed.

"Grayson," Keith started. "You can fight this, I know you can and have seen you do it so many times before. The dragon is just as much a part of you as you are him. But, it's your body. I know how bad it hurts, and that I can't compare it to anything. But that just shows me, and everyone else, how strong you are."

Keith thought back to how often Ian had called Grayson useless.

"Being able to put up with that type of pain, that hurt. No one else could have handled that. You're both two halves of a whole, but you hold the power in it. You are the strength."

Spoiler: To the Support!
Show

Keith hoped his words would reach his friend. He also knew that right now, him and John were is some fairly big danger.

He projected back to John again. <<"Which plan is, tear open the void?">>