Quote Originally Posted by InTheMachine View Post
November 1st
John
Harbinger listens carefully to John’s explanation and lets out a deep sigh. “I can’t believe that I’m about to allow a thrice damned Greater Demon to be summoned.”

He gives John a hard look. “You’ve ‘come to like’ him? Just remember that he’s still a demon. The only thing protecting him here is that thing on your hand,” the angel growls.
“I thought it best to be honest with you and with myself about that,” John observed contritely. “He’s a diplomat from one of Hell’s foremost Houses. I’d be surprised if he didn’t have that effect on me, given the time I am spending with him. Lying about it seems like it would be a step in the wrong direction.”

Quote Originally Posted by InTheMachine View Post
He takes another breath, calming himself again. “James and I have a lot to talk about while we’re on patrol tonight. One of us will let you know if we come up with a better idea,” he says. The angel turns to leave, pulling his ragged wings tight against his back.

It is a crazy idea, John, Emi replies as Harbinger walks away. But so far your ideas have worked out. It doesn’t mean I’m not worried about you though.
I’m not sure if it helps or not, John confessed, but I am worried about me as well. If I fail, it could doom Iron Station. If I succeed, I will know I can do it and the temptation will always be there. It’s the kind of situation that the phrase damned if you do, damned if you don’t was made for.

For what it’s worth, I promise to be careful and Raphael says I won’t be facing it alone. I think that was a whether I want his help or not kind of a thing.