1. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: [WFRP2e] The Power of One - Part 2 - "Transire Benefaciendo"

Taalia Giovanni

"Distracting... I'll bet."

Taalia smirked knowingly in response to Bella's cheeky little bit of sarcasm. The girls had spent many nights together drinking wine, practicing their singing and cooking food as they gossiped about the town, spoke about their days and shared inner thoughts that only close friends would convey. As such, the shepardess had a bit of a better insight into her friend than anyone else would, and so when Bella asked her little question, the white-haired former slave smirked and rolled her eyes, until snickering softly at her wry little quip.

"Thinking of applying?" Taalia whispered in jest to her friend as they ascended the marble steps, before the girls eyes were drawn to the beautifully illustration commemoration that occupied the entire canopy illuminated above.

"Ohhh, Bella..." she uttered in an excited whisper, "...to be able to paint ones devoted soul in such a way..." she uttered, shaking her head in disbelief and reverence for the sheer craftsmanship required to not only devise such a monument but to conjure it into existence across the expansive, cavernous roof. Indeed, to even stand before the sculpted and painted magnificence was to almost feel small, tiny and insignificant, that no matter what one did they could never reach such heights as to even be considered worthy of standing before and basking in the heavenly glory that gazed down upon her across the luminous ceiling.

But, there was another sensation. Another emotion that dispersed across her body from the core of her soul: awe. Inspiration. This was not an imposing, concrete mountain designed to cower and demoralise onlookers into obedience. No, this was a rampart of upliftment, a cathedral to the mother of mercy and her serene ways that brought relief with a touch and cures to the ailments that had struck down a mans body or spirit. That was the difference. Other gods glared and intimidated followers into obedience. Myrmidia and Shylla, as per their sacred sites, offered forth guidance and inspiration. It was a subtle but powerful single degree of difference that would cast a great influence over any journey.

In many ways it was a distinction that was draped across the mantle of their own adventure to Nuln and Altdorf. Theirs was an expedition founded on optimistic pursuit of dreams and adventure, and though Taalia was not naïve enough to believe that there would not be trying and difficult times ahead, it was a frame of mind that differed significantly from one who put their first foot on the road and had the lure of money and women to compel them.

"Come, show me how to pray to Shallya," Taalia whispered to her companion. If Bella was not familiar with the personal rituals, then the shepardess would politely attract the attention of an initiate who could demonstrate the means through which one offered whispered invocations to the celestial patron of the temple.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-04-25 at 06:42 AM.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger