Rooftop:

When Raphael arrives on the rooftop, he plops down on the couch, digs his hands into the pocket of his hoodie, and kicks his legs out and crosses them at the ankles and waits.

Raphael watches Stella closely during John's spiel, but glares at the mage with narrowed eyes when he tries to casually slip in his intention to summon another demon into the conversation.

"Oh yeah? Gonna just, casually summon another demon and stand in front of another mini-gun huh?" The vampire juts his chin at John's ka'yal marking. "That thing good post-mortum? If that thriced damned thing forces you to make the attempt, you don't get to do that by yourself."

He sneers at the mage. "you're too important."

He calms and let's John continue uninterrupted, but flinches and shoots John another reproving look as he goes into the messy and unpleasant details of the death of Stella's father.

He turns his attention back to Stella, and waits patiently while she processes the bombshell.

He looks at her for a long moment when she asks her question, hoping to convey his sincerity and passion for her across the short distance between them.

"I insisted John wait to tell you this." the vampire says quietly. "Selfish, blood-sucking abomination that I am, I was pretty demanding that we wait. You've kinda been caught up in a lot lately, and it was right before your birthday. I really wanted you to have a quiet, enjoyable night, a normal night, without having to think about any of... this." Raphael waves his hand in a gesture meant to encompass not just this conversation and revelation, but all of it. The Curse, The Darkwatch, rescuing her mother's soul, her brother, any of it.

He shrugs.

"I can't be sorry for that. It wouldn't be truthful."

He hisses a breath out through his nose and continues. "I am sorry that her being tied up with Feris makes things... complicated." He says in a disgusted tone.

His expression softens. "For what it's worth, John did want to tell you right away. Be upset with me, not him. At least for the timing."

Spoiler: OOC/Mechanics/Whatnot
Show

Comfort and Support! 12
fingers crossed that Stella actually opens up so I can clear a condition.