Quote Originally Posted by Vinyadan View Post
She could have been shooing the cleaning staff.

I am not against Elizabeth as a character; I think she is the least unbelievable thing on the Island. 17 y-o very precocious yet immature, proud, and pretentious kid is hired by a deeply unorganised firm that controls a whole island, gets no adequate support, falls into a rabbit hole of her own making, and alienates to the point of isolation, as she is too ashamed to explain the situation or ask for help: that I can believe or understand.

To make a comparison, SuperPC decides Claire is the Chosen One to be the SuperCEO: that I don't really get. I didn't look up a librarian's course of study, but would she know anything for the job? Is good will all it takes? Now, if it were an Hal 9000 situation, and the PC just glitched and retroconstructed an explanation, and Claire is too set in her stated purpose (kick butt) to say no... but I doubt this is where we are going.

Also, jumping from one side to the other makes me enjoy both less.
Based on what I know of cleaning staff, a lot of them would tie her up and leave her in the hallway rather than leave an office to get to that level. Its a health hazard. Things are living in it. Her opinion is no longer relevant there.