Thread: Iron Station Savage Masks IC IV

1. - Top - End - #170
    Bugbear in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: Iron Station Savage Masks IC IV

Quote Originally Posted by InTheMachine View Post
    November 1st
    John
    Grayson pales as John reveals that he knows of the balcony conversation. His gaze returns to the ground. “Keith t-told you about that?” he asks. “What all did he say? But I guess it doesn’t matter if you already knew about our talk. I guess you were using some kind of magic to hear?”

He tilts his head, as several thoughts occur to him. “Has the dragon… spoken to you? How do you know he’s displeased? And how is any of this official? Other than me leaving yesterday, there’s nothing that should concern Myriad or AEGIS.”

Grayson’s gaze climbs a little. “What kind of rules are you talking about?” he asks.

Spoiler: Pierce Grayson’s Mask!
    Show
    OOC:
    Grayson is content to talk and is totally in control. John doesn’t have to worry about a surprise attack

You can’t get Valèdeir to drop the Challenge. However, so far Grayson has stopped all attempts at Valèdeir issuing one.

To gain Influence over Valèdeir in particular, you have to subdue him in combat.
    “How I know about the balcony talk is a little complicated to explain. Let’s leave it at it having been told to me by someone other than Keith and leave it at that. A magician has to keep some secrets.”

John shrugged before he continued. “And it isn’t the first time in history two worthy gentlemen have fallen for the same woman. I doubt it will be the last.

“And, no. I have not yet had the honor of speaking to your dragon—although I suspect that is only a matter of time. There are too many demons operating in the city for us not to eventually meet and so long as he and I keep our attention on fighting the demons and not each other, things should be fine.

“That’s the single pair of ground rules I want the three of us to abide by: That we govern ourselves in a manner that minimizes the chances of Emi becoming upset and that we govern ourselves in a manner that prevents the demons from overwhelming Iron Station and beyond. If we stick to that, we should be fine.”

“Oh,” John added, turning to go. “One piece of advice for the two of you—even if I am loathe to offer it. When your companion claws at you in the hopes of getting out and getting to me, it upsets Emi and her father—the former out of a fondness to you and the latter because it reduces the operational effectiveness of his team. Neither of these will aid in your cause, which is to my benefit, of course. But it bothers me when Emi is upset so I would suggest reconsidering that approach to things.

“After all, a dragon and a magician with our investigative skills working together are assets the demons should be worried about—not ignoring because we are sufficiently at one another’s throats that we may as well be on the sidelines.

“But I should get back before I am missed. Have a good evening.”

Spoiler: John is being “supportive”…well, of Emi mostly but it is still good advice.
    Show
    John attempts to Comfort and Support Grayson by pointing out how his and Valèdeir’s behavior is counterproductive and how they can improve in the future.

John attempts to Comfort and Support Grayson/Valedir while manipulating them to play nice around Emi: 2d6+3 9
    Last edited by mmdeforrest; 2023-04-05 at 02:25 PM.