Quote Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
*nods*

The strips disgusting and unfunny, but I don’t see the same sketchiness others seem to. As someone who doesn’t drink I’m very bemused by “drunk people, amirite?” humor.

I am starting to hang out on the Reddit page a bit though, there are alternate comic edits that are significantly funnier than the main comic. A bit hit and miss (some are just mean spirited swipes at the comic without an attempt at humor), but some of them have jokes I’d expect to see in old QC.
I don't feel like the strip is sexualized, I just don't like getting a full-body shot of anyone sitting on the toilet, in particular this person whose ambiguous perceived age is kind of focused-on by the story. It doesn't feel predatory or sexual, just uncomfortable. And then she (as I interpret it) grabs a turd instead of her phone, so I have to live with that in my brain now too.

But hey, I have zero benefit of the doubt left to give Jeph when it comes to toilet-related stuff since that truly unforgivable fetish reference during the vtubers arc, so that's probably coloring my opinion too.

To your second point: the subreddit edits are hit or miss but I overall really enjoy the squirrelclamp ones. Like you said, they bring back a nostalgic vibe for the older QC humor.