Thread: Iron Station Savage Masks IC IV

1. - Top - End - #159
    Bugbear in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: Iron Station Savage Masks IC IV

Quote Originally Posted by InTheMachine View Post
    November 1st
    John
    “I haven’t seen either,” Emi replies. “Though The Great Race does sound good.”

Her eyes light up a little when John suggests Anastasia. “If you’re okay with it, I would love to watch Anastasia again. It’s been a little while since I’ve seen it.”

Once John is done eating, Emi leads him to the lounge and has Nora put on the film and dim the lights. Emi cuddles close to the magician, resting her head on his chest and draping an arm across his stomach. Throughout the opening songs she hums along with the tunes.

Spoiler: Notice TN 6
    Show
    About halfway through the film when the cast arrives in Paris, a raised voice can be heard from the left side of the room, where the living quarters are. It sounds like Ian’s voice.

Spoiler: TN 8
    “What were you thinking?! You think you can just **** off whenever you want?”

There’s the sound of a dull thud, like something’s hit the wall.

For a brief time, it felt like there was calm and peace in John’s life as he rested his arm across the front of Emi’s shoulders and they watched the film. He felt the tension of the day melt out of him soon after they snuggled up together. Likewise, his armchair historian biases fell into abeyance, distracted by Emi’s warmth and the feel of her body against his.

He was happy.

Spoiler: Listening In and Not Liking What He Hears
    Show
    Noticing Something He Probably Doesn’t Want to Know: 1d10o10+4 5 1d6o6+4 7

1 Bennie Spent — Curiosity getting the better of him

Noticing Something He Probably Doesn’t Want to Know but wants to know enough to spend a Bennie: 1d10o10+4 13 1d6o6+4 7

John’s ears perked up as he heard Ian’s voice chastising Grayson down the hall.

He wanted to stay.

He’d be potentially upsetting himself and the two of them if he left.

He could try and contact Ian and ask him to stand down but he wasn’t sure if he would be able to hear him.

He would be certain to upset Emi if he stayed when Grayson needed help.

He looked down at her and smiled gently and kissed the top of her head.

He almost laughed at the memory of The Courage the Cowardly Dog Show and the title character’s catch phrase.

Well, one of them.

The applicable one.

Focus, John.

“I’ll be right back,” he whispered, shifting himself out from under her.

He had wanted to let the world stop for the length of the film.

Next time, maybe he would use a spell to arrange for that.

He walked towards the barracks area, wishing he could summon his uniform.

Doing that would be an escalation and tensions would be running high enough.

“Good evening, gentlemen,” he said quietly as he turned the corner. “I don’t mean to interrupt, but Emi is resting and I would be grateful if she weren’t disturbed just now. While I am sure the two of you have things to go over—and might wish to discuss with me, it might be more prudent if we were to handle it at a later time?

“I don’t think she or Eidolon would be pleased to know the three of us were speaking at all right now.”

Spoiler: Yeah, cause this is going to work….
    Show
    Last edited by mmdeforrest; 2023-04-04 at 08:40 PM.