Welcome to the Planebreaker

The blue skinned woman has no external ears, a flattened nose, violet eyes, and a winning smile when Bill asks her to repeat herself. "Welcome Tramunbil and friends, to the Planebreaker. It's a... well... no one really knows for sure what it is or how it does what it does, and if you asked a dozen different residents of Timeborne you'd get a dozen different answers, but as far as we know it is a vagrant moon of sorts, travelling the multiverse and leaving a Path behind it that people can follow, should they have a Path token. The entire demi-plane is made up of the Sea of Uncertainty..." she sweeps all four hands around her to indicate the immediate area. "...where wreckage of the different planes such as yourselves lands. I'm a salvager by trade, so I look for interesting finds that wash up from the planar whirlpools that form here or the stuff that gets sucked up from planes we visit."

She gestures towards a thick haze of mist. "The city of Timeborne is in that direction. There you'll find shelter, food, and a much better explanation for everything than I could give you, even if I had the time to do so. It's run by the Mantis, who I know even less about, other than not to ask too many questions and to follow the Boss Bug's rules. I've got to go hunt for more salvage, despite how... interesting... tourists are, so head in the direction of the city and find a member of the Interpreter's Guild..." She makes the same twisted knot symbol with two of her hands. "They get paid to help people new to Planebreaker and Timeborne, but I sadly do not, so here we part ways. If you survive the big city perhaps we will see each other again. Or, as is the nature of this place, we may never see each other again, Tramunbil and friends. Either way, I wish you well and I wish you goodbye." She leans down and scoops up a basket filled with what appears to be random brickabrack dredged up out of the red water and turns to follow the causeway further out to sea.

Spoiler: Arcana or Nature DC 15
Show
This woman is a Vedalken, a species virtually unknown on your home world but common enough amongst the planes and other worlds of the multiverse. They are a mutable species, sometimes found with multiple arms, sometimes not, but they are a species known for being scholarly, logical, and introspective. They are also semi-aquatic, capable of breathing underwater for short periods, and are often found in moist environments. Like any sentient species, they are a varied people, capable of good or evil just like any human, elf, or dwarf.