Quote Originally Posted by Kareeah_Indaga View Post
Yeah I need to get in gear and finish that.

On topic, you mean like for example how Rock Smash has a different power in different Generations? In general we go with the Gen IV interpretation for the moves that have a Gen IV variant, but of course if they only exist in Gen V+, then we use the Gen V+ version, and house rules trump everything. If there’s a particular move you want to know about, just let me know which one.
Gotcha. So, for example, Knock off is a 20 Power move, and doesn't get a damage boost when removing an item.

And then, to pick a random move, Scald works like it did in gen V, so it doesn't thaw frozen Pokemon? (Not that I expect that specific move to come up.)

Only if the Pokémon was born with it and subsequently overwrote it with something else.
Would it be possible for any of our starting Pokemon to have access to an egg move, with the fiction being that they've forgotten it and would have to relearn the move? (Specifically, I would tutor Buck with Morning Sun if possible.)

Yes. So for example Mina’s Sandshrew is level 28, this means Mina could tutor her Sandshrew with Bulldoze (which the species can learn at level 18 in Gen VIII).

I will note that you have to stick with the move list for the same form/regional variant for the Pokémon you’re tutoring. Using Sandshrew as an example again, this means that Mina CANNOT tutor Sandshrew with Powder Snow, because that’s specific to the Alolan variant.

Also it has to be a move list from a mainline game.

This was my compromise between keeping the whole game stuck in Gen IV forever and re-writing the laws of physics once a week in-game.
Makes perfect sense. I figured it would be easier to ask these questions now than when Less actually goes to the move tutor.

Assuming you mean Buck, yes, you can tutor him with any move he could learn as a Growlithe at his level - and will need to since most Stone Evolutions don’t learn many if any attacks via level up after they evolve in Gen IV.
Slightly different example. What if Princess evolves into Crawdaunt, could she then learn Crabhammer from the move tutor at the lowest level that Corphish or Crawdaunt could learn Crabhammer?